Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Brit Hume & Bloggers
Yesterday I was watching 'Special Report with Brit Hume', as is my habit, when a spot came on about the FEC regulating political speech on blogs. You all know where I stand on this: namely that it is a violation of my freedom of speech, denies me my soapbox, is a horrible precedent, and a further step toward thought control. But nevermind all of that. No sense in rattling my sword again.

Apparently there was some hearing in DC over this developing nightmare with bloggers testifying. In the video, the author of the Daily Kos (I will not link it - google it if you want) was the only one shown to be speaking. Then, in what appeared to be an companion piece, Wonkette (purposely not linked) was interviewed.

Now, the issue has lefty and righty bloggers equally fired up. But, these were the best examples of the blogosphere? Urp.

Now, I've never read either site, but I've read a lot of excerpts featured on other sites. I am not inclined to investigate further. While I am glad that bloggers are gaining more recognition and are standing up for our rights, it greatly angers me that the MSM can't be bothered to actually investigate the blogosphere. There's a lot more out there than just Wonkette, Kos, and the other stars of the blogosphere. As a matter of fact, there are some other really fabulous DC bloggers that would have been just as convenient for the interview.

As a side note, I'm developing a little crush on Brit Hume. He's kinda sexy, I think.
posted by Phoenix | 8:30 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s