Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Freakout!
Well, it has happened. I'm starting to freak out about the baby. Now I'm simply worried about everything.

Do you know what I have purchased for the little one? 4 packages of diapers. That's it!

I feel woefully unprepared. And more than a little scared.

I have purposely put off that type of preparation until after the baby shower so that I can just fill in the holes. It seems sensible, and yet watch Phoenix spin. I am not one to procrastinate. I attack a project head-on and stay at it until it is completed. I am a list-maker. All of this inactivity is driving me batty!

Should the baby arrive tomorrow, all she will have to wear is a pink beret and diapers. Okay, I also have two of my old baby blankets. I could probably make a baby toga or something. My stepmother even assures me that you don't really need the crib right away anyway. But the cradle hasn't arrived from Kansas yet, either. My stepmother says that a dresser drawer will work in a pinch, but I'll be damned if my child is going to spend the first days of her life in a drawer. What, is this the Depression? Nope. Not Happenin'.

I'm going to pick up the crib on Saturday, that way Prince Charming has something to do next week. I want the nursery finished before the baby shower. It is a can't miss goal.

In my calmer moments, I find myself wondering what our little one will look like. It seems a foregone conclusion that her hair will be brown - either dark like his or more chocolate like mine. However, we could hit the DNA Yahtzee and end up with a red head as there are those genes on both sides of our family tree. I hope that her hair is curly like mine. That seems like a vicious thing to wish on a child, knowing the hell mine gives me, but at least I know how to deal with it. What would I do with red and straight hair? Talk about learning curve.

There's not a lot of hope that she'll be very tall, so we'll have to pin our hopes on her getting her father's thighs and not mine. I would like for her to have brown eyes and cupid's bow lips, but green eyes like Prince Charming would be nice too.

The hormones are making me crazy. That is the only conclusion I can draw. CRAZY!
posted by Phoenix | 1:06 PM


>2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Breathe girlfriend! In.... Out... In... Out.....

Stick with your original plan and wait until after the baby shower.

If she arrives in the next couple of weeks, you'll still have time to get ready, because she'd still be too small to come home for a while. Don't worry.

She won't need clothes or diapers or a bed until she comes home from the hospital, no matter when she comes. They'll give her all that while she's there. And if worse comes to worse, your sweet husband can hit a few stores while you and she are still there.

You've got plenty of time. And I promise, she'll forgive you for whatever you've forgotten :)

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I could probably make a baby toga or something."

I'd recommend the toga. I'm planning on establishing a toga only society when my plans of world domination are completed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s