Thursday, November 10, 2005
Sexy is as Sexy does
Another Thursday means another scintillating installment from the Demystifying Divas and the Gallant Men's Club. This week's topic queries that elusive something: What constitutes 'Sexy' in a member of the opposite sex? Naturally, I shall be waxing poetic on what gives men that certain je ne sais quoi.

Sexy Men. Hmmm. My bottom hurts just thinkin' about it. (10 points if you can identify the source of that quote.)

Personally, I have to tackle this from two points of view. The first being fantasy and the second being reality.

So, fantasy first. If I had to point out in actors or television personalities what I view as sexy, it would come as no surprise to regular readers that three men make the list: Colin Firth, Mark Harmon, and Brit Hume. Anyone who has seen the BBC's production of Pride and Prejudice knows what I'm talking about. Colin Firth's portrayal of Mr. Darcy is perfect. He is mysterious and intelligent. Aloof and available. Gentle and rigid. Polite and not quite. Yes. Colin Firth is sexy. It is the way he walks and the way he talks.

Mark Harmon is even more sexy. He has this smile that could turn me into quivering goo if it was ever turned on me without the filter of television. You know the smile. It says, somehow, everything a woman wants to hear at the same time it thrills the teenager in her. It says, "I'm dangerous, yeah,...but you'll like it." Mark Harmon is also sexy, though, when he is stern and in control. Here is a man you can trust. Here is a man who will save the day. He is like the modern day cowboy, sans horse. Dangerous but trustworthy. Good with a gun, better in bed. His eyes are like magic meant to enslave.

Brit Hume? He's sexy too, just not in a conventional way. He is sexy in a geeky way. You come to love him because you can tell he's thinking about something and is just about to smack down somebody. His weapons are thoughts and words, and he's gonna call you on your bullshit. This, too, is sexy.

In reality? In reality I want the intelligent man. I do not require him to know everything, but I am interested with men who can think for themselves. I want a man who can make a logical argument. I want a man who will intrigue me intellectually, who will challenge my mind. I find it sexy when a man is thinking. The brain is a sexual organ, after all. Yes. I am attracted first with my mind. Don't get me wrong, though, his mind is not enough.

His sexiness is only confirmed when he also proves himself to be respectful and polite as well as clever and intriguing. He needs to put some effort into his appearance, but even here less is more. A man who is too well groomed comes off kinda girly. I'm in need of a man, not a sister, you know? I want him to look deep into my eyes and treat me like I'm the only one. Now that is sexy.

So, send me a clever man who can think his way out of the box, handle a gun, is sweet to his mother and children, polite to the neighbors, and has a slightly dirty mind.

Oh, and let him smell good.

Naturally, the others will all have their say. Check out the female perspective, covered by Kathy, Sadie, and Silk. Then, go see what the men find sexy as Phin, The Foreign Minister, Jamesyboy, and Stigmata lay it on the line. Sheila, Nugget, and That 1 Guy are guest posting as well.
posted by Phoenix | 8:26 AM


>1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

10 points for Sheila!

Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s