Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Valentine Memories
Back when I was young and cute in grade school, Valentine's Day was very exciting. In fact, one day still is vivid in my memory.

I was living in Lexington, KY and going to Lansdowne Elementary School. As part of the holiday, we all decorated white paper bags and hung them on the wall as our "mailboxes" and on the day, we all brought in our Valentines and distributed them to the rest of the mailboxes.

Why does this particular Valentine's Day stick in my memory? Well, that would be because my mailbox fell off of the wall it was so heavy. And, it wasn't just heavy with Scooby Doo and Smurf and Garfield valentines, either. Oh no!

I received a gold necklace from Danny Boone and a heart-shaped box of chocolates from Kit Carson. On that day, all the other little girls hated me. They wouldn't even talk to me! Now, today I can understand that they were jealous, but the little me was heartbroken by this abandonement by my friends over one creepy boy and the one I called my boyfriend showing a little favoritism.

Still, it is a fun little memory.
posted by Phoenix | 11:11 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s