Tuesday, March 21, 2006
For the Love of Fried Dough
A couple of years back, SpySistah went to New Orleans on a mission (she claims it was a "convention"). While there, she visited the historic Cafe du Monde and she brought me back some beignet mix.

While she was here visiting, I cracked open the box and made some for breakfast. She tasted and passed her judgement: Just Like the Original!

She also said that the way I had cut the dough, smaller, was a good thing. She felt like she could have more than one! And, of course, it was easier to handle.

I sprinkled them lovingly with powdered sugar, of course, just like you are supposed to do. I thought they were very tasty. As a matter of fact, they were much better than I had anticipated. They weren't too sweet, and were fabulous seeing as how you could eat them warm. They vaguely reminded me of the fried bread that used to be served at the Stage Stop, the local cafe back home on the range. Yummy.

I wish I had one right now.
posted by Phoenix | 9:32 AM


>2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I love beignets. My friend took me to the Cafe du Monde for my birthday a couple years ago...

Hit my archives, there's a great beignet recipe in there that I submitted to the CotR, really simple to make from scratch!

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl you're making me hungry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s