Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Makeover Mama
I did it. I took the plunge. I made a giant change.

I lost 2 pounds yesterday - all in hair. My hair which was down to the center of my back (when wet) (naturally curly hair shrinks up a lot as it loses moisture and curls) is now barely 2 inches long in the back and only comes to my jawline in the front.

Prince Charming was a bit surprised, but he says he will get used to it. My co-workers say it is great. My stylist was pleasantly pleased when I went in and was ready to take the leap. I think she secretly gets bored of just trimming me up. There was so much hair on the floor yesterday, I told her she could go into business making quality toupees - with just my hair!

The lady who chats me up where I buy my daily early-morning dose of caffeine says it is beautiful. The consensus is that I look more "stylish and sophisticated" now. There you go. That's a makeover.

I look a bit like this picture of Drew Barrymore - except I'm a brunette of course.
posted by Phoenix | 11:23 AM


>5 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I'm sure you look absolutely GORGEOUS!

I would love to be able to wear my hair like that.

; )

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Thank you! I do like it. I needed a change.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I love it. Love it. If I could get my hair to do that without major work, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Hell, I might just do it anyway!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger amelie said...

oo! breathtakingly beautiful!


don't know if i could ever do it; i like hiding in my hair too much!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger WitNit said...

You know, of course, that men LOVE long hair to wallow in.

But you have a new love in your life (that probably likes to PULL your hair) so the old man will have to wait, oh, about 18 years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s