Friday, June 16, 2006
Comments
I review reader comments before allowing them to be posted, in case you were wondering.

I don't always allow them to be posted, for varying reasons. Sometimes they are simply spam. Me no likee the spam. Sometimes they are off-topic. Which is just weird and spam-like. Sometimes they are mean and I don't feel the need to participate in my own castigation. Sometimes they are idiotic and mean and suggest that the person clicked in here from a google and commented without a frame of reference - they didn't know that I was being sarcastic or kidding or know the backstory. Other times, you get people commenting on things on another site that you direct your readers to. Did they comment on the other original site? No. So, they don't get published here. If it is my work, maybe, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to defend someone else's joke. Call it Editor's Prerogative. I don't care. (Oh crap, now I've got that stupid Bobby Brown song in my head.) I'm not going to justify it further.

They don't call me a diva and a bitch for nothing.

Anyway, some yahoo googled in and commented on the name we gave our daughter. Told me I had given her a boy's name. To this I only say: Dude? If you knew my real name you might get a little more insight into why this doesn't bother me at all. Furthermore, regular readers who know her by her real name and not just "Bunny Boop" will find your suggestion that the name is gender specific ridiculous. It isn't like we named her John Daniel, after all.

So, just know that I'm not posting your comment, that I don't care a whole lot about your opinion on my daughter's or my name, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. Or do, I really don't give a shit.

I apologize to regular readers and new visitors who find this mild diatribe off-putting. Sometimes you just have to give a jackass a smackdown.

On with the show...
posted by Phoenix | 12:05 PM


>2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

What a jerkass. "Bunny Boop" is a lovely name :)

And BTW I too have Bobby Brown in my head now. Thanks for sharing /sarcasm.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger bobgirrl said...

I'm a rather new reader and only know her as "bunny boop." But now I'm curious as to what exactly you've named this child! Moll Flanders for crissakes??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s