Thursday, July 20, 2006
Relationship Rules
Today's Thursday, so I must don my feather boa and post another scintillating treatise on relationships and/or the Man/Woman dichotomy.

This time the question posed is: Do you follow any internal relationship rules, and if so, what are they?

Hmm. I don't know that I've ever really thought too hard about it.

I can say with total conviction that I act with integrity. I don't keep things that are need-to-know to myself. I may, however, not tell him everything about me. A girl should maintain a veil of mystery about her. And, some things are private. In the same integrity vein, I try to treat my man with a great deal of respect. I do not lie to him, unless it is about a gift I'm giving him and then it is a lie of omission.

I can also say that I try never to diminish his sense of self. I want him to continue to be a strong individual. I want to encourage him to think about the world and that sort of stuff. This is why I never so much as bat an eye if he wants to golf, sit at the bar with his friends, or watch the game. He needs that time to keep him centered, relaxed, and happy.

I also try to give him his accolades and brag about him. My husband is a wonderful, giving, and multi-talented man. He can wire things, he can build things, he can schmooze, he can grill. He doesn't mind running the vacuum once in a while and does his share of dishes. He lets me sleep in on the weekends and takes care of Bunny Boop while I catch 2 extra hours. (Sleeping in means 7 am, folks.) So, I like to brag on him so that he knows that he is valued and treasured.

And, the last thing I try very hard to do is to be playful and affectionate. I like to kiss him for no reason and be playful to keep us both young. It is easy to get mired in schedules, particularly when there is a baby in the house. You have to catch what time you can to keep things interesting.

So, those are my rules: Be honest, Let him be himself, Make him feel valued, and Make him feel like he is the only one who can rock your world.

It works pretty well, although this isn't a comprehensive list.

For more internal relationship rules, go see what Arielle, Mark, and Jamesyboy have to say.
posted by Phoenix | 9:13 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s