Thursday, July 20, 2006
Stormy Weather
Last night we had a real barn rattler blow through. I usually sleep like the dead, but last night even I woke.

The rain and wind were pounding on the windows and roof. It looked like 10 am at times, the lighting was so bright and frequent.

Bunny Boop woke up from her Princess-y bed not once, but twice. I held her until she fell back to sleep, as a good mommy should. Then, my teenage sister woke up afraid of the storm. I closed the drapes in her room, pulled her door shut, and told her to go back to sleep.

Then I had trouble falling back to sleep.

This morning there were trees down and farm equipment obviously astray at the places on my route to work. Lots of people in Madison were without power still this morning.

So I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about being tired.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 10:24 AM


>1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger amelie said...

mm, we had that storm yesterday morning, i think, whilst i was at work. i ended up out in it -- love storms. : )

hope Bunny Boop isn't too worse for the wear...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s