Monday, July 31, 2006
Weekend in Brief
The highlight of my weekend was the Mini-Blogmeet. I'm not sure you can call it a Blogmeet, though.

I met Amelie and her friend for lunch. It was a good time, though the waitresses were more than a bit enamored of Bunny Boop. Yes, she's adorable. Yes, she has a sweet smile and lovely disposition. Can we get back to our conversation now?

Seriously, the waitresses at TGI Friday's are baby-crazed. The patrons too. One set of soon-to-be-grandparents quizzed me liberally and flirted with Bunny shamelessly. I'm telling you, this little girl is going to be real trouble when she is more ambulatory. No doubt she'd go home with anyone who told her she was cute!

But, yes, I had a lovely time and enjoyed meeting some fellow bloggers.
posted by Phoenix | 9:28 AM


>4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where have I been???

Did you give Amelie a big hug for me??!!

; )

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You met Amelie, I'm so jealous!

Hope it was wonderful, and you can't help them thinking she's adorable when she is. The boopster that is and not the Amelie, as she would most likely argue with them despite her distinct cutie-pieness ;o)

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger amelie said...

oi, those waitresses... slightly more than a tad annoying, shall we say? but just imagine what they put their boyfriends through after they met the Boop -- their timeclocks were ticking...
; )

also, i was a tad worried about how my friend was going to react to the situation, which made me feel like i not only wasn't representing myself well, but also that i wasn't paying attention enough! sorry, coz.

all said and done, it was a lovely time, and i come out of it the envy of the blogneighbourhood, as i've met you and your adorable albeit flirtatious daughter.
: )

mom, no hugs occurred at all, if you can believe it, though i got to hold the dear child for a bit.

auntie silk, bad! i'm definitely and distinctly *not* a cutie-pie!

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't I tell you she would argue? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s