Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Computer Hell
Yesterday was a rough day for me. I was in computer hell.

You see, at work some pop-up appeared and I tried to close it. This, in hindsight, was a huge mistake. Clicking on the "X" sent me spiralling down the rabbit hole. I couldn't send email. I couldn't navigate from one website to the next. The adware and spyware was so thick it was like trying to avoid all of the hands in a gang rape - which is sort of what it felt like, by the way.

Then, when I got home, my brand-spanking-new ipod had arrived and I wanted to clean up my home computer so that I'd have plenty of room on the hard drive to load music.

My home computer, free gift that it was, has never been the best piece of equipment, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. So, it took about 2 hours to remove some old software and defrag. That computer is back up and running this morning, as is my pc at work.

But the whole day was tense and I have a motion to make:

I do hereby move that all adware, spyware, and internet hackers and pirates antics be punishable by death sentences. They interfere with commerce and get in the way of GDP. As such, I think they are intruding on my privacy and my personal space. I think I should get to shoot them just like I would if they had broken into my home.

Too much?

Maybe, but those bastards really pissed me off. I'll calm down eventually...probably.
posted by Phoenix | 9:19 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s