Wednesday, August 09, 2006
I'm just full of piss and vinegar today
Grandma would be so proud.

I am the sort of person that can always find ways to make things better. When you are a Quality Assurance manager, this is a handy trait to have. But most of the time, it just makes me mad.

For example, the incomplete job niche shops do marketing sales and services to their target audience.

I was at Babies 'R Us yesterday, musing about all the mistakes they made. You would think that a place that aimed itself at parents and babies would do a better of job catering to those customers. It is great that they offer liquid refreshment at the checkout, but why is it that the baskets are oddly shaped and you can't get the boxes of some of the medium-sized items for sale into these baskets? Moreover, seeing as how most people will be shopping with their children, probably in a portable carseat carrier that locks into a shopping cart, why is it that the damn spaces between the racks of clothing and non-aisle displays are not sparse enough to allow easy navigation with the baskets? I have to look over/through the baby seat and over/through the box that doesn't fit in the basket and then navigate the Hummer-sized basket between a space that would only comfortably accomodate heroine-chic Kate Moss. I invariably run into something and it pisses me off!

Now, move to the parking lot. First issue: the size of the parking spaces. Most of your patrons, having children and all, are likely not driving mini Coopers but SUVs and Minivans. As such, wouldn't it be wise to make the spaces a bit wider? The doors are all going to be hanging open while the loading and unloading process takes place. It is just stupid not to take this into consideration. It is a freakin' safety hazard!

Moreover, if you have parking for 100+ vehicles, perhaps more than two cart corrals are in order? And perhaps, just perhaps, they could not be quite so far from the door? If I am politely-minded and intend to return my cart, I have to load my child in the car, lock the doors, and then attend to this chore. I am sure as hell not going to leave her alone any longer than I have to, so more cart corrals are in order. My only other option is to not do the obligatory cart roundup...and I'll admit that when she's hungry or crying, I don't properly stow my cart. I take care of my baby instead.

But do you see what I mean? They haven't done their homework, and it makes me angry.
posted by Phoenix | 9:58 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s