Friday, August 18, 2006
I've been a bad, bad Diva
Yesterday was a very busy day for me and I didn't get to post on the Demystifying Diva's and Men's Club topic du jour.

I will correct that now, if you don't mind.

So, yesterday's topic comes directly from The Wizard, who is currently on hiatus and has assumed semi-lurker status, and is the flip side of the recent post on the twin beasts of male grooming: nostril and ear hair. We will be discussing untamed hair on the female of the species: rogue whiskers, hairy pits, and the bikini line.

Never let it be said that the Demystifying Divas and The Men's Club shy away from the hard topics, eh?

Yes, it is true. Not all women are as fastidious about their grooming as we would like. I find whiskers and the female mustache, well...icky is the only word to describe it. I understand that things things don't make one a freak of nature, but that doesn't make them pretty either.

There are a number of ways to take care of the mustache, namely electrolysis and bleaching, but you really must do something about this. No guy wants to feel like he's kissing another guy - at least, not one who might be interested in a lady. Regarding the odd rogue whisker on the chin, or as the Wizard specifically mentioned, growing out of the odd mole, I must urge action. Pluck that rogue whisker! Who are you, RedBeard? Grizzly Adams? Yowza. I shiver just thinking about it. The mole also requires attention, but this time of the doctor. You need to keep a close eye on your facial moles and watch to see if they change shape or size. See a dermatologist and see what he thinks.

I understand that some women find shaving the armpits as optional. I do not subscribe to this. I don't think the perfect accessory to the obligatory little black dress is little black hairs winking at you from between the arm and the side. God help you if they blow in the breeze of the air conditioning and look like they are trying to flag down help for an escape attempt. Men can't like this look. I refuse to believe it. How do they not think of shirts vs. skins b-ball when they see you like this? Do yourself a favor and pick up a Bic. You'll smell better, you'll look better, and you won't put the rest of us off our feed.

And finally, what you've all been waiting for: the bikini line.

Frankly, I don't know what to tell you about this. To me, this is a very personal topic. I understand some women go all nude down there and look like pre-pubescent girls. This, frankly, creeps me out. I wonder about the guy who requests this look. But, if you want to go hairless down there, that is your choice. Other ladies like a Brazilian look south of the border and they have their reasons. I can appreciate that. But, I'm not particularly fond of the suggestion that I pour hot wax on my hoo-ha just so you can rip it back off, thank you everso. In fact, I'm firmly in the camp that this is up to the woman. If you are interested in that much suffering in the name of beauty - have at it. However, if you would rather not pay to have someone pour hot wax on your external sexual organs, you won't hear me calling you names. I would just say you should keep it neat and, should you be so bold as to wear a bikini, to make sure the bottoms cover the hair.

'Cause nobody wants to see that.

That's it, that's all I've got. Mark and Arielle may or may not post on the topic, we'll have to wait and see.

We are still taking suggestions for topics and nominations for new Divas and Gents, though this experiment may be in its death throes.
posted by Phoenix | 8:58 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s