Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Joepa and a Quote
So, if you were watching any college football this past weekend, you probably heard that there was an unexpected injury in the Badgers/Penn State game.

In spectacular fashion, a Badger and a Nittany Lion jointly took out the Penn State coach, Joe "Joepa" Paterno. When I say "took out", I mean the man was under a pile. It was most unfortunate.

You probably know this, but in case you don't, Joe Paterno is old. Like older than dirt. He probably was around (and coaching) when they invented football. I would not be surprised. He's in his mid-eighties, I think, and still coaching. And those bones, not what they once were.

Anyhoo, I bring it up because I heard this morning that he's had surgery and his leg is broken. I'm no fan of Penn State, but I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I hope he recovers quickly and returns to the field. His team and the fans think quite a lot of him.

But, of course, I have a quote for this situation that is making me giggle. Two brownie points if you can name the film:

"That's why girls don't play the game, Coach."

teehee
posted by Phoenix | 8:40 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s