Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Rant #2 of the Day
This one had me spitting mad last night.

My daughter's first birthday is coming up. We are having a little party for her to celebrate this momentous occasion. We wanted something small and intimate, not raucous and boisterous, (it is for a 1-year-old after all) so we kept the guest list very small. Mostly family and two or three friends. No more than 20 people. Now, however, I wish we had invited more people. The festivities are looking pretty sparse based on those who have RSVPed in the negative.

My father and stepmother can't make it as they live in Kansas and we just saw them at Thanksgiving. This doesn't bother me. Spysistah lives on Bermuda and also can't travel at this time of the year (deep cover).

However, I would expect my mother to come. She's not, however, as she's decided to go to Florida to visit her soon-to-be-ex-inlaws. Don't even get me started. My college-aged sister will be attending as she will be back up this direction for Christmas break. Prince Charming's parents will be attending, fortunately. However, none of his sibling's nor their children will be attending. No excuse given. Just regrets. I'm beginning to rethink that small fortune we shell out every year in savings bonds, I'm so pissed.

You'd think they could make it to her first birthday party. But no. It isn't too far to come to Madison to go shopping or to work, but it is too far to go for your brother's only child's birthday party. In my book, that is shitty. And I won't be forgetting it either. The next time somebody wants me to bake a cake for 150 people I'm going to be too damn busy re-reading Harry Potter. The next time somebody asks me where the kids' savings bonds are I'm going to have to wonder about that myself. And the next time somebody wants us to drive 2.5 hours for some birthday party for a 90-year-old woman, I'm going to have to claim a previous engagement at the petting zoo. Or the mall. Or the front lawn.

I'm sick of this bullshit where Christmas has to always be at their place now that the girls no longer live in the Madison area. I'm sick of not counting because we have grandchild #10. I'm sick of this second-class citizen crap where we are treated like red-headed stepchildren.

I don't give a good damn if you dislike me. Go right ahead. It hasn't bothered me overly in the first 4 years, I can probably survive 40 more. But my daughter is another thing. You can't say that Aunt Phoenix has missed any birthdays. We've attended the parties that were held (to my knowledge) and I've always sent cards if there wasn't a party.

This is bullshit. There will be repercussions.
They will rue the day...

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 12:50 PM


>1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

All, I can say is this: At least you know where you stand with all of them, huh?

Be sure they know where they stand with you.

I can't believe it's been a year (almost) already!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s