Wednesday, March 28, 2007
In the News
Russian Intelligence is convinced that the US is about to light up the night in Iran.

Jim Webb, Senator of VA, had a staffer get into a bit of a pickle yesterday when he tried to take a pistol into the Russell Senate Office Building. Webb denies that he gave the pistol to carry and insists that it was an inadvertent mistake. Webb was quoted as saying:
“Everyone here knows that I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, that I have had a permit to carry a weapon in Virginia for a long time, and I believe that it’s important — it’s important for me, personally, and for a lot of people in the situation that I’m in, to be able to defend myself and my family.”

It isn't clear to me if that situation he's in that he refers to is different from all the other regular non-politician gunowners who want to be able to defend themselves and their families. I'm going to give him a pass on this, because I suspect that it was sloppy speaking/quoting, but the statement comes off a bit as "I'm better than everybody else and, you know, entitled..."

Still, I'm going to give him a pass on that. The sloppy care he gives his handgun? Not so much.
posted by Phoenix | 9:51 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s