Friday, August 03, 2007
AWOL
I realize that I've been a bit remiss in posting lately. There is a reason, though I'm not sure how good it is.

I've been researching a project..., but let me backtrack a bit.

When I last posted, I indicated that I was going to be building a cake to go with a "Two Moons of August" themed party. Well, it turns out there was a bit of misunderstanding about the whole thing on both sides. The party planners didn't realize that their theme was based on an internet hoax and I didn't realize that they didn't know it. I thought they were having a bit of fun with the internet hoax thing and planned the double moons to perpetuate the joke. Unfortunately, all became clear when I shared my ideas with the party planners.

Despite my pleas that it would be charming and tastefully done, and the fact that I said one could serve the cake with the words, "here, have a piece of ass...", they didn't go for it.

They had to go theme-hunting. They finally settled on A Midsummer Night's Dream and I had to go back to the drawing board on the cake. I have finally settled on a concept and the rest of this week (with the exception of Tuesday) have been planning the build of the cake. So, if I haven't been posting or answering your emails, this is why. I'm sorry. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

The new theme gave me some serious fits. Anybody who has read the play will recognize that the idea of modeling fairies and a man with an ass's head didn't thrill me. So, I went a little bit off of that and am now planning something a bit different. Basically, I am building a fondant covered cake that will have a higher elevation on one corner. Resting atop the cake will be two mardi-gras style masks made of sugar (sugarpaste) and painted and decorated in a somewhat romantic, albeit fanciful way. The entire cake will be spilling with flowers and pearls as well. At least, this is the plan.

Last night I began the first non-planning phase work on this. I modeled the sugarpaste masks and set them to dry. They are currently in the open air, but tonite I will move them under a bubble to finish drying. I also started working on the pearls last night and have developed a whole new appreciation for those wedding cake artists. There is no freakin' wonder those cakes are so expensive!

Anyway, I will post pictures of the developing project as I can so that you can cheer or jeer, whatever the case may be.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:11 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s