Friday, August 24, 2007
Cue Music: "I Caaaan't Saaaaay NOooooooo!"
I have a problem. My problem is that I can't say no...to myself. I don't have a huge problem saying no to other people, just to myself.

I'm not talking about substance abuse, but workaholicism. I am constantly creating more work for myself. For example, I decided that it was high time that the family business had a website. So, I designed, built, and deployed the thing on my own. The family wasn't even sure they needed it! Guess what has happened since then? They've decided that it is very important and I now have more work. Funny how that works, isn't it? So for the past couple of evenings I have been toiling at the keyboard as the rest of my family slumbers.

And that's not all! I recently received notice that the local chapter of my sorority is in desperate need for some advisors. I did it. I answered the call. I am now the Alumnae Advisor for Finance, Chapter Operations, and New Member Education. (I really wanted programming, but the Chapter Advisor (in charge of the whole enchilada) wanted someone strong in Finance and Operations so I bargained the New Member Education as part of the deal. Are you seeing a pattern yet?

And, of course, Halloween is coming up. I have a costume to create. No store-bought costumes for my kids if I can help it! (Or until they beg...)

I want to paint the walls in our house. We've been there four years now and only two rooms are painted: the nursery and the powder room (soft baby pink and British racing green respectively). I want to paint the living room a wine tone with the new Candlelight finish from the Ralph Lauren line. I want to do the Master Bedroom in two shades of cream (darker on top to enhance tray ceiling) and the candlelight finish. I'd like to paint the other two bathrooms as well. All of which takes time and...you guessed it: work.

And that is not all!

The death of my grandmother has been weighing on my mind and I have decided to join the Daughters of the American Revolution as a way to honor her. She was a member and traced our ancestry all the way back to those days and I have decided that is something I can do. So, there's a project!

And did I mention that there is a distinct possibility that the next cake I do will be a wedding cake? Yeah. And, I really need to start planning my Christmas baking and Christmas shopping too.

This is what I mean when I say that I can't say no to myself. I have a condition that makes me seek out work. I am a workaholic. They say that admitting it is the first step, but I don't have time for another program or project right now!

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:57 AM


>1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Richmond said...

Oh good grief! You can sooooo sit by me. I do the same thing. Gah...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s