Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Bookish? Me?
CTG tagged me with a book meme...so here goes:

What are you reading right now? Currently I am slowly re-reading HP7 so as to absorb every lovely word.

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now? None. I'm not big on magazines, actually.

What's the worst thing you were ever forced to read?How about a top 10 list? The very worst has to be The Grapes of Wrath - an entire chapter devoted to a turtle crossing the road? Gimme a break! But, I also hated Lord of the Flies.

What's the one book you always recommend to just about everyone? Harry Potter.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don't they? No, actually. I am a book buyer and a book hoarder. I don't like to share or lend books either.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don't like it at all? There is a book that I tell people to read when they go all liberal anti-gun on me. That is John Ross's Unintended Consequences. If you haven't read it, you should. It starts slow, but picks up fast, and you will not be sorry you read it. If you can get through the first 100 pages or so, you are going to love this book. That reminds me that my husband's copy is still on loan. Oh- by the way - you may have to go to a gun show or do a serious online search to find it. For some reason there is a sort of...publishing taboo... or embargo on the book.

Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you're on the computer? While you're having sex? While you're driving? 1. Yes - breakfast. 2. only rarely - when I'm taking a bubble bath. 3. Nope. 4. Nope. 5. Nope. 6. Are you kidding? 7. Nope.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits? I don't think so...

What's the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn't put it down? HP7

What book have you stayed up all night NOT reading (because it disturbed you in some way)? I don't read books like that.

Has a book ever entered your dreams? Yes! Harry Potter, of course. But also, the Stephanie Plum novels.

What book/ series would you like to write an ending too? Or rewrite? I'm not strictly talking about fanfic, just this: given the opportunity, which stories would you like to work on? I'd like to try my hand at adapting a HP book to a screenplay, does that count?

Best book to movie transition? And as a corollary, what books should NEVER be a movie? Not quite sure how to answer this one. The first HP was a seamless transition, it was so true to the text. I can't think of anything immediately that shouldn't be a movie unless it is Animal Farm.

Do you prefer one-off novels or character-driven series books? What's your favorite book series? I have been reading a lot of character-driven stuff lately. Favorites? Too hard! I like:
the Blackbird Sister novels by Nancy Martin
the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich
the Bubbles novels by Sarah Strohmeyer
the Goldie Schulz Caterer novels by Diane Mott Davidson
the Debutant Dropout stories by Susan McBride
the wedding planner mysteries by Deborah Donnelly
the Crime of Fashion mysteries by Ellen Byerrum

Which book character do you see yourself as most like? How about when you were a kid? When I was a kid I thought I'd grow up to be Nancy Drew. Now that I'm an adult, I see my childhood as being like Hermione Granger. I haven't seen a contemporary character a lot like me.

Ever NOT want to finish a book because you were desperately afraid that the author was going to take it somewhere you didn't like? Ever fling a book at the wall because that happened? I came pretty close on HP7.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 10:31 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s