Tuesday, September 11, 2007
9/11/01 Remembered
Today, as you all undoubtedly know, is September 11th.

It is a chance for us to remember and reflect on the horror of that day and all of the innocent lives lost to a bunch of cowardly religious fanatics who have perverted the message of a religion. That day dawned with crisp blue skies, much like today, actually, if a bit warmer. I shall never forget that day. Never forget the way I felt, what I was wearing, or how I kept hoping, desperately, for some survivors to be found.

Last year there was a group blogger remembrance effort to honor each of the 2,996 victims of September 11th. I'm not sure what happened to cause this year's efforts to fall apart, but I do want to remember and honor again Francis J. Skidmore. Please click on the link and read about this wonderful man who was taken from his family too soon.

I think we all need to take some time today and remember that day. The fight is not over. The bad guys are still out to get us. Do you want to be a sheep or a sheepdog?

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:06 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s