Friday, September 07, 2007
Hidden skills
You may think that you know me. You may be right, too. But, here is a short list of things you probably don't know about me.

1. I can catch a grasshopper with a pair of pliers and get him threaded on a fishing hook, all without actually touching the nasty buggers. Hint: keep a firm grip on the pliers and don't be squeamish if there is some spurt.

2. I make really decent enchiladas (no grasshoppers in these).

3. I make excellent cookies.

4. I am a fine embroiderer.

5. I am an excellent sketcher of insects - a skill finely honed in two entomology courses. We would have to identify the insects by sight, so I would sketch the insects and study from my notes. Phoenix draws astounding likenesses of roaches, true bugs, grasshoppers, mites, aphids, and any and all beetles. Beat that!

6. My favorite singer is George Strait.

7. I know how to castrate a cat.

8. I have a memory for color. And, by that I mean I can see something and find something that matches it 3 or 4 weeks later.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:52 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s