Thursday, November 29, 2007
Put it in gear
Note: This post was started on Thursday, finished on Friday.

I don't know how it happened, but somehow I have gotten way behind on the Christmas front. As a matter of fact, last night I had a panic attack (almost) and had to scrap the plan and punt. Instead of baking the Wednesday-night prepped cookies, I left the dough in the fridge and decided to take pictures for our Christmas cards. I also got out some of the decorations and began putting those up. Still not done, however, but things are looking up.

This morning (Friday), I awoke newly motivated. Last night was a success and had special little surprises, and this may have changed my outlook. In fact, all I can hear in my head is the following classic chorus:

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running in a one touch ground, oh no
I got to keep on moving

My birthday is tomorrow, so last night I arrived home to find presents! This amazing lady, who is an exceptional cook and great friend, sent me a huge box. Inside the many many layers was a rustic bowl. It is totally cool! As it happens, it is also something I've been eyeing for sometime but as yet acquired. It has a lot of personality and I love it!

The next box was a parcel from SpySistah. Inside, much to my delight, was a digital picture frame. Did you know that they play music too? Mine does! Doesn't that totally rock? I can hardly wait to set it up. Frankly, the only real question seems to be whether to leave it at home or take it to work.

And then, I started baking. One of my ovens is down, so I had to use the convection bake setting. Even so, I managed to figure out the adjustments that needed to be made and had four batches of gingersnaps baked in record time. Four batches = four trips through the oven. And that ain't bad. That leaves 9 more varieties to go through the oven and four other candy type things that don't get baked. A lot of work, true, but I've started, and that is a big improvement. I'm going to bake tonight and most of tomorrow, then more baking on Sunday. I also want to finish decorating.

The Fantasy Golf League stuff is done, Bunny Boop's birthday party invitations are done, and that still leaves a few things, but you can't deny my productivity.

And my glee does not end there.

After many months of disinterest in the potty, Bunny went #1 in the potty this morning. Like a big girl. And collected two m&m's for her reward. I was giddy! She ate all of her breakfast, I had time for a bowl of oatmeal, and we found nearly two inches of snow on the ground outside.

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride.
posted by Phoenix | 10:27 AM


>2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Please post or send a picture. Each one is supposed to be unique and I would love to see it.

; )

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

A good day is such a great birthday present to yourself!

Have a wonderful birthday, my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s