Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Bunny Boop Sings!
I'm telling you, as "terrible" as the twos can be, they can be equally wonderful.

When Bunny Boop was a babe in arms and up to about 18 months old, she would like for me to sing to her. Yeah, yeah, I sing. (Or should that be "yeah, yeah, yeah"?) But, when she began to start to talk, she'd get mad at me - or frustrated - if I sang. So, I simply stopped.

During this time she developed a real interest in music and I thought that maybe my singing just wasn't good enough, or unaccompanied by music, wasn't what she wanted to hear. Now I'm thinking that wasn't the case. Rather, I think that her own inability to join in frustrated her.

A couple of months ago, she started dancing to the music from the movie Alvin and The Chipmunks. And, if you want a great laugh, you should see her do her "thankyou, thankyou" at the end of one of the numbers - after which - I'm not kidding - she bows. When I saw her enjoying this music, I decided to buy her the soundtrack. We'd be running down the road at 55 mph and there she is in her carseat, bobbing her head and pointing her little finger to the beat. She is so happy when she's doing it too!

Anyway, more recently she has begun asking me to sing. So at bedtime, she lays in my arms and I sing to her softly. It is really nice to share these moments with her. It is cozy and warm and very much about being a mommy. She's beginning to learn the songs too, recognizing the melodies and sometimes singing the last word in the line with me.

But, her all time favorite song right now is from an episode of her favorite show, The Mighty Bee. In this show, Bessie Higgenbottom learns to play the drums. She wants to join the other bees in the band The Pretty Pretty Princesses, but is rebuffed. Mostly Bessie wants to join The Princesses because of the best song ever: Runnin' with the Rainbow Unicorn.

Bunny Boop LOVES this song, she totally rocks out to it. Her hips are going, she sings along, it is super funny. Here are the lyrics:

I'm a pretty pretty princess.
It's a full time gig.
Everybody wants to be my friend,
And it kind of makes me sick.
When I'm not in my canopy bed,
I'm fillin' my diary with stickers.
My mom yells, "Get down here, Portia!"
And I just say, "Whatever."

Because I'm runnin' with the rainbow unicorn.
Don't you wish you were me?
I'm runnin' with the rainbow unicorn,
And I want everyone to see.
I'm runnin' with the rainbow unicorn.
Don't you wish you were me?
I'm runnin' with the rainbow unicorn,
An' I want everyone to see.
Hey, look at me!

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:51 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s