Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Tuesday...?
I have next to know idea what day it is. Well, that's not exactly true. Kids started school today, the summer is officially over, the markets reopened, so it must be Tuesday.

All in all, things have been very busy in Phoenixland. Mostly this means work, but that really is a good thing. Moneymoneymoney, as the theme song from The Apprentice goes.

Bunny Boop is becoming quite a little chatterbox. Just the other day she said, "Mom, look at me." Which, to be honest, kind of freaked me out a bit. Full sentences. Now that's a development! Of course, there are still mystery phrases we can't figure out. Two nights in a row, at bedtime, she kept saying "Buck in a bucket, buck in a bucket" or something like it. She hasn't said it again, but we don't know what it means. Feel free to put your guesses in the comments.

Prince Charming just moved to second shift, so we're trying to figure out how that's going to work. He gets Bunny in the mornings, I get her in the afternoons. We're on Day 1. So far, so good.

Of course, my little princess is rapidly becoming a teenager. From 2 to 12 in the blink of an eye. For example, she is discovering the power of the phone. She'll bring us the handset and say "Call Papa", meaning she wants to call Grandpa. But, if you actually dial him, she doesn't want to talk to him. Sort of like a teenage girl dialing a crush and hanging up when he answers. Of course, teenage girls probably don't do that anymore what with caller id and *69. You get the gist. And then, in full on teenage mode, she rolled her eyes at me tonight.

I was giving her a bath and I asked her to turn around so I could wash her backside. She gave me a look like "what.Ever" and totally rolled her eyes.

I almost laughed! I'm doing better at not laughing at her when she does stuff like this.

Work has been...amazing. I feel like I'm finally back on a career path. That is huge for my self-esteem and self-worth, hard on the other aspects of my life, real and virtual. If you are one of my friends and are feeling neglected, I'm sorry. A normal pattern to my life should return soon. I'll still be busy, but I'll hopefully be dealing with less initial-type stuff.

In the meantime, I'll post as I can.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 7:25 PM


>1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps she's saying tuck in blanket -- could be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s