Monday, May 16, 2005
Neighborhood Update
Oh yeah. Can't get enough of this crap.

So are you ready for the latest? Do you know why I am villified and hated?

I am cruel to children and the handicapped. Or, that's the rumor anyway. Apparently rumor has it that I made the children at the bus stop move off of my side of the street and now they have to cross the street to catch the bus. Strangely, nobody ever had the balls to come and ask me if I had done this. No. They just paint me as Cruella DeVille and spread the rumor, using it as a crutch to diminish anything I might have to say.

For the record, I had NOTHING to do with any bus stop changes. As a matter of fact, I leave the house for work at 6 am every morning, and nobody is standing at a bus stop at that hour. I didn't even know there was a school bus stop near my house! For heaven's sake. But, knowing these people as I do, I have no expectation of them taking my word for it. I can't confront the issue myself directly as doing so would mean breaking the confidence of the person who was nice enough to find out for me why I am universally despised. I suppose that I could contact the school or the bus driver and have them write a letter to my character assassins professing my innocence, but I doubt it would do any good. They are simply too happy to hate me. Apparently it is great sport.

The other issue, my cruelty to the disabled, also bothers me. We built our house turn-key, meaning we chose the builder, the design, and all the stuff, but the builder handled the entire financial process until we closed. This means he hired and directed the work of all sub-contractors. Our subs put in our concrete driveway and our sidewalks. Apparently they forgot to put in the ramp to the street. We don't live on an intersection, but a street does dead-end between our house and the neighbors. If we were supposed to have a ramp down to the street, it is news to me, but I also refuse to accept the blame for the omission. If anyone is at fault, it would be our sub-contractor, under the direct supervision of our builder, and nobody else.

So there you have it. I am mean to children and the disabled. I really am horrible and undeserving of oxygen. If only I had a heart. If only the people who are so sure that I am guilty of these crimes had the courage to confront me! I can't defend myself because they won't. But let's be honest, they wouldn't believe my protestations of innocence anyway.

I nearly cried when I found out that these misdeeds had been laid at my door. If they were true, they would be damning indeed. But they aren't true. They are lies, falsehoods, and misdirections! Please believe that I would never do these horrible things. I am desperate to clear my name. The stupidity and the injustice of it have been keeping me from sleeping. I tossed and turned for 4 hours Saturday night trying to come up with some way to clear my name. But it is impossible. How do you defend yourself when they won't come out and accuse you? You have to live under a cloud of suspicion. And it isn't pleasant in that cloud.

These people really scare me. Prince Charming, as you all know, works nights. So I am home alone at night, surrounded by people who hate me. How comfortable would you be? Yeah, maybe the changes in my hormones from the pregnancy are making me more sensitive and paranoid, but does it matter? The fact is that I am afraid of my angry neighbors (among them 2 cops) and Prince Charming is not at home with me. So the 357 is loaded and the rifle is also near to hand. Do I think it will come to this? No. But I also know that I and the baby don't need the stress or the worry. So we are happy and as safe as I can make us. I'm not going to answer the door after Prince Charming leaves for work. Any of my friends would call first before coming over anyway.

Why Me?
posted by Phoenix | 7:38 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s