Monday, September 26, 2005
Mommy and Me
Here we are in Week 25. And all I can say is, aren't we done yet?

Being pregnant is not fun, I don't care what you say. Feeling the baby move is exciting, sure. But it kind of makes me think of overlarge tapeworms and aliens and parasites. What can I say? Too much Entomology in College, I guess. The experts say that week 25 is characterized by:
The structures of the spine - 33 rings, 150 joints and 1000 ligaments - begin to
form. The blood vessels of the lungs are developing and the nostrils begin to
open. Busy week!
All that, in just one week! Seems like quite a to-do list. Nevertheless, little London shall endeavor to do all that she can along these lines while I do whatever I can to assist.

Pregnancy is chock full of oddities. I only have two pair of shoes that fit. All I can wear in terms of clothes are maternity wear or yoga pants and large t-shirts. I feel like a lumbering giant, ungainly and dangerous to stand too close to. I feel like an overfilled grain truck that shouldn't take corners too quickly in fear of tipping over! I am beginning to have trouble getting out of bed and off the couch. And now, even I think I look pregnant.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:01 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s