Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Baby Update
We have successfully negotiated the perils of Glucola. In case any of you were wondering what that tastes like, here is a description: it is like drinking Orange Crush Syrup without the benefit of any soda to make it bubbly or break the sweetness. It wasn't exactly torture to drink it, but it wasn't pleasurable either. We don't know the results until today, and the doctor won't even call me if I failed the test. Oh - in case you don't know - this test is performed to determine if mommy is developing gestational diabetes.

We also learned yesterday that we will begin seeing the doctor every 2 weeks instead of monthly, until we get one-month from the due date. At one-month away will begin going weekly.

In one month, I will go for my last ultrasound. This is the ultrasound where they check baby's growth and estimate how big she will be at delivery. I'm hoping for a small number (7-9 pounds) as opposed to 10-12 pounds. Egad. I can't even think about that. That ultrasound should be really cool because it is done in the doctor's office where they have 3-D ultrasound imaging. We'll get to see the baby's face!

The baby shower is this weekend. SpySistah is flying in from the island to throw me the party. I'm excited. There are a few people not coming who I would really have liked to see, but I understand all about scheduling. Travel can be tough too, seeing as how our family and friends are scattered all over the U.S. Anyway, I'll be sure to post about that on Monday and let you know how it went.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 11:05 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s