Thursday, March 02, 2006
Metrosexuals Need Not Apply
Thursday has rolled around again and, as such, it is time for another scintillating discussion by the Demystifying Divas and The Men's Club. Let's get on with it, shall we?

Metrosexuals: Love Them or Leave Them?

I have to approach this question as a heterosexual woman, if that is alright with you. It is the only frame of reference from which I can answer this question. Additionally, I am going to assume that the term "metrosexual" refers to a man who:

Now, for the purposes of the discussion, I am just going to suggest that not all metrosexuals are characterized by the complete list above. I will make room for the possibility that a metrosexual would be all of those things except a gossip. I will also allow that my list is not complete and that a metrosexual might also enjoy the theater.

In any event, my unequivocal answer to the question is LEAVE THEM. Icky poo. These are not men in the same way that poodles are not dogs. As a heterosexual woman, I find nothing to interest me in the metrosexual male. They make my skin crawl.

Why would I want to hang with a man who might be concerned with the size of my pores? Do you think the sound of a man gasping over my split ends is going to make me quiver with delight? Do I really need fashion or shopping advice from a man? No. No. No. I find the lives of celebrities to be something to ridicule and do not occupy my time devouring the details of their shattered and mended love lives. A man who would do so makes me want to vomit. Furthermore, I find gossip boring and a man who would do so is contemptible, in my opinion.

I do not find these men attractive. They creep me out like that mutant brocciflower crap: it looks vaguely familiar, but basically it is all wrong.

To be quite honest, if I wanted a feminine man, I'd find myself a butch lesbian. At least then she might understand how hard it is to find a pair of jeans that fit the female form.

Vile creatures.

Anyway, hie you hence to see what the other Divas (Silk, Arielle, and Theresa) and The Men's Club (Jamesyboy, Mark, and Jim) have to say.

posted by Phoenix | 11:35 AM


>1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger WitNit said...

What is it about them that makes them feel like they have a transmittable disease? I think it's such a focus on the superficial, so much attention on being "out there" that they somehow get in your face.

Yuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s