Friday, June 23, 2006
Because this idea has been on my mind lately...

Cartoon by the ever fabulous Cox&Forkum.

I worry sometimes about the hearts of our troops. We talk an awful lot about winning the "hearts and minds" of the Iraqis, but few seem to consider the hearts and minds of our own troops serving in our name.

How disheartening it must be to listen to the blather of Cindy Sheehan, Murtha, Kerry, the New York Times, Howeird Dean, Harry Reid, and the other idiots of the left. On one hand, they are losing the war and on the other they are committing atrocities against the innocent.

I, for one, am sick of it. I have faith in little in this world, but one thing I do trust is the men and women serving in our armed forces. They are professionals and deserve more than the treatment they get from most.

If I could send each and every man and woman deployed a big box of cookies, I would. You can bet I'd even go out of my way to make them their favorite cookies too. I don't know why they get the abuse that they do, but I for one respect, admire, appreciate, and love them.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 10:32 AM


>1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Phoenix. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s