Thursday, August 10, 2006
I didn't mean to turn you on...
Sorry about the title, I've been uploading songs for my ipod.

Today is Thursday, so I must don my magenta feather boa, feathered and heeled slippers, and waft toward the keyboard in order to lend clarity to another fascinating topic. This week the Demystifying Divas and The Men's Club are waxing poetic about three things about the opposite sex that speak to them on a physical level.

Hmm-hmm.

Men are lovely, lovely creatures. The three things about men that turn me on are the way they smell, the rough texture of their hands, and their power and strength.

First, the way they smell. Men have this amazing smell. A man who has been working smells like dirt and sweat and hardwork. He smells of victory and pain and survival. He smells capable, and I love the capable man. A freshly showered man is also a carnival of olfactory delights. I love the way the Old Spice soap clings to him. I love the smell of his shampoo lingering in his hair. I love the fresh scent of the shaving cream on his neck and face and the musk of his aftershave. I even love the smell of his deodorant - Speed Stick - which for some reason is the best smell of them all. Seriously, he could wear Speed Stick and nothing else and win a bonanza of a carnal buffet.

Item the second of things about men that turn me on is their rough hands. Ordinarily I like things that are soft: baby skin, cashmere, silk, etc. However, a man with soft hands is a major turn off. Ick! Who wants to be caressed by their grandma? When a man touches my skin I want to know it. I like the way his rough hand is tempered by gentleness when he moves his hands over my curves. I like the way his rough hand holds mine safely. It is a major turn on, men's hands. But, a man who has a soft clammy hand gets nowhere with me. I need a strong and capable man, a man of adventure, not some namby-pamby mama's boy who is still afraid of the dark.

Item the third: Power and strength. Men are mysteries. They are unique and wonderful specimens. But the best part is the dual traits of power and strength. A strong man, both of character and physical endurance is what I want. I want a man who has the courage of his convictions. A man who will stand up and be counted. A man who will move heaven and earth to keep his loved ones safe. I am turned on by the man who holds me firmly but gently with his strong arms, steely sinew and power. I am into it, big time. This power, present but held in check, is a major turn on.

So, I suppose you would say that I am the stereotypical female. I want a man to be a man, to be the opposite to my softness.

I think I need a cold shower.

While I do that, go see what Mark and Arielle have to say on the subject.
posted by Phoenix | 10:11 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s