Monday, October 23, 2006
College Game Day
It is no secret that I live with a rabid Wisconsin Badgers fan. I have come to terms with the College Football Season and the constraints it puts on my life. I have accepted it. I have even embraced it. In fact, I have become a Badgers fan myself, largely due to my esteem for Barry Alvarez.

Anyway, at our house, each Saturday in College Football Season begins with College Game Day on ESPN. We tune in each week to see Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, and Chris Fowler give their takes on the day's action.

Now, I don't really know why we watch this. You see, it never fails to infuriate my prince. He just gets very very angry at what these jokers have to say - or not say - about his beloved Badgers.

In the beginning, I thought Prince Charming was all huff and puff on this matter. Now? Now I too believe that Fowler, Herbstreit, and Corso are biased against the Badgers.

They only mention the Badgers when they are highlighting our opponents. Frankly, as Prince Charming puts it channeling Rodney Dangerfield, "We can't get no respect." They poo-poo anything good about the Badgers. They seem determined to ignore our NFL Draft stats.

As a matter of fact, I heard one of the bozos say about this weekend's game against Purdue:

"The Badgers had better be ready for Purdue."

AS IF! As. Freakin'. If.

Going in to Saturday the Badgers were favored by 6 points. We were favored to win.

Despite this, we were supposed to heed the warnings of Corso and Crew about Almighty Purdue. Blech!

Do you know what the final score was?

Badgers 24
Purdue 3

Seems to me that Purdue wasn't "ready" for The Badgers.

Hey, Corso, Herbstreit, and Fowler: Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!


This post approved by Prince Charming.
posted by Phoenix | 11:07 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s