Thursday, May 10, 2007
I think my hearing is going...
So my hearing is going, I think. Another clear sign that I am getting older.

Over the weekend, I was doing dishes or cleaning house or something. The television was on in the background making noise. I was only half-listening to it when something caught my ear. A commercial for a local eatery (chain) was advertising a "Date Rape Platter."

Perhaps you can understand why this caught my ear. Can you imagine?
Hungry after a rough night on non-consensual sex? Drop in for our excellent Date Rape Platter, featuring three buttermilk pancakes, two eggs anyway, and a delicious fruit cup!

I was horrified! Completely shocked. Has rape become so accepted that it is a selling point/category? Surely not. I had to be sure, so I listened to the rest of the ad, hoping that they would repeat the name of the menu item.

Thank goodness! It is only my hearing that is going and not the complete decline of civilization. I mistook the Daybreak Platter for the Date Rape Platter. I am happy to be wrong. And now I can laugh about it. Before though? I was Outraged.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 7:44 AM


>2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Feisty said...

Oh, I do that all the time!

No worries.

; )

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the only one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s