Tuesday, May 15, 2007
More on the Passport Situation
So, I had to call the NPIC three times yesterday before I managed to call at a time that coincided with their system being "up."

At this time, I gave the lady on the other end of the line the tracking number.

"And who is the passport for?" she asked me.

"My husband, Prince Charming."

"Is he there, ma'am?"

"No, I'm sorry. He works third shift. He's at home, asleep."

"Well, I'm not supposed to talk to you about his passport."

"He's not going to be able to call during your working hours. Can you just confirm for me what I do know?"

"We can try that."

She wanted to be helpful, I know she did. And, she was able to help me in a limited sort of way.

For example, I now know that if the passport does not arrive in the mail by 5/17, Prince Charming will need to drive to Chicago and get an emergency passport issued.

He's not exactly excited about that prospect, let me tell you.

I'm going to keep my hopes up until Thursday. And, I'm going to try again to ship boxes at the post office today. Maybe they will have downloaded the software for that sudden, surprising rate change by this afternoon.
posted by Phoenix | 9:47 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s