Thursday, May 10, 2007
Potty Training
I intend to begin Potty Training Boot Camp the minute we return from our family vacation. Despite this, my father expressed his distress (albeit muted, he's learning control) that Bunny Boop isn't already potty trained.

I understand his concerns, I do. I also know, however, that she hasn't really been ready before now. I've tried. I've had the tools since she was a year old. She's now 16 months old and I believe she is now ready to understand. I'm sorry if this is later than my father would expect, but I might remind him that I wasn't potty trained until I was 2. And, I would further point out that seeing as how I'm the one who will do the training, it is largely up to me.

Not him.

Or Oprah.

Or Hillary Clinton.

Me. The Mom.

For two days when we return from vacation, we will visit the potty chair every 20 minutes and sit for at least 2 minutes. We will be wearing big girl panties so as to learn the ramifications of not answering the call. I don't know how else to do it. I've certainly never done this before. Any hints you might have would be greatly appreciated.

I just don't want to hear any more of this "Oh MY GAWD! She's NOT POTTY TRAINED YET?" crap.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 11:50 AM


>2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Actually, it's really up to Bunny. And every kid is different.

Good luck!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Feisty said...

M & Ms.

The only reason my children are potty trained are M & Ms.

Rewards for going potty.

; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s