Thursday, May 10, 2007
Really Bad Parenting
Vegans Murder Baby by Malnourishment.

An American couple who are strict vegans managed to kill their 6-week-old baby. They never took him to see a doctor because they believe hospitals are filled with germs.

They fed the baby soy milk and apple juice. The soy milk was clearly labeled that it was not a replacement for baby formula. The couple's defense attorney beleives that the death was unintentional because the apple juice "worked as a diuretic and blocked the absorbtion of nutrients from the soy milk."

Anyway, they've been found guilty in a court of law for the murder of their son. You know what did it for me?

The 6-week-old baby only weighed 3.5 pounds when he died. Three and a half pounds! If a six-week-old baby only weighs 3.5 pounds, you are neglecting him.

Some people shouldn't be parents.

Now, I'm no vegan and I'm not dissing it as a "lifestyle choice." But, I am saying that growing children need nutrients that aren't all available at the salad bar and I think these people were incredibly irresponsible for not doing more to save their child. I'm sure that there are safe ways to raise a child within the vegan lifestyle and I suspect that some medical professional would have been happy to help them with this. Frankly, I'm astonished. Bunny Boop was drinking all-formula only at 6 weeks. That apple juice was a really stupid choice, vegan or not.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:15 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s