Friday, June 15, 2007
Make My Day
Okay, so the title of this post is a bit misleading, but I like it and that's what counts.

I have this friend who by virtue of being herself, makes me happy. She called yesterday afternoon and it made my day. I always enjoy talking to her, even if sometimes I have to put her on hold long enough to reprimand the smallest member of our family. It is odd, but she is one of the few people I know whose calls I always take. Isn't that bizarre? I always take calls from my sister and parents, a few other close friends, but I also am unavailable to a large assortment of people most of the time. But I enjoy Christina and our conversations. She is a delight, supremely charming with an edge, and quite possibly the sweetest person I know.

I wish she wasn't so far away so that we could talk more. But, I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get my husband back to Texas and we'll pop in on Christina and her family. Maybe stay for a meal. (I hear the food is amazing!)

Anyway, I have a lovely friend who by virtue of doing nothing but being herself makes me feel special. I bask in her glow folks, that's all.
posted by Phoenix | 8:59 AM


>3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, bless, honey, you are a joy to have as a friend.

I am so lucky!!

; )

Thank you.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I agree 100% Just seeing here area code on the phone screen makes me smile.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Dash said...

Just so you know, she has nothing but great things to say about you, as well. You're welcome in our home anytime you get ready to make the trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s