Tuesday, September 11, 2007
On the Weekend
I had a lovely weekend.

Saturday began nice enough. I got to sleep in until 7 am! Bunny wouldn't sleep longer than that, unfortunately. We had a nice breakfast, watched cartoons (SpongeBob - or "Bob" as Bunny calls him), and then got Bunny in and out of the bath. While she watched Jimmy Neutron, I showered and prepared for something I've been looking forward to for months.

I drove down the interstate to visit with Richmond and Christina who was visiting from Texas. I don't know how to explain this, but even though I had actually never met either one of them, we laughed and chatted like old friends. It was so comfortable and happy - good times. Bunny tried her best to behave herself and we had some amazing food. It should surprise nobody that I can report that Christina is absolutely as excellent a cook as you might think. She made a salad and some Shrimp Alfredo that was out of this world. I tried, but I was woefully unable to clean my plate!

Bunny got along famously with Richmond's doggies (who are incredibly patient and ought to be sainted). At one point, Bunny thwacked one of the poor doggies on the head with a toy and I was mortified (MORTIFIED!) but this patient and loving doggy took it in stride with nary a whelp. Richmond's daughters were also very helpful, playing with Bunny and the hose. I honestly wish that we could have stayed and enjoyed the company all weekend. Alas, it was not to be.

Prince Charming and I had guests over to take in the Badger game (they won again - yeehaw!) and I had to get the house straightened up and the menu items prepped. That was nice too, having guests in the house. Our entertaining has gone way down since Bunny Boop's arrival. It is harder now, somehow. The evening was a blast and I even enjoyed the friends that just dropped in (even if I did lose track of the conversation there for a while).

We went to bed far later than normal and getting up on Sunday was extremely difficult. Despite this, I still made it to the sorority house in time to take in the bid day celebrations and welcome of the new members. All in all, an excellent if busy weekend.

Christina is putting the next visit on me and I am ready! I just have to figure out the when...
posted by Phoenix | 9:15 AM


>2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to get to spend the day with you and Bunny!! :)

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming down.

It was a fantastic afternoon!

; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s