Tuesday, October 16, 2007
More on all that butter
Down below you will see a picture of a 55-pound block of butter.

No, this isn't how we purchase butter at my house. Rather, it is a gift from the happy recipient of a tin of my increasingly famous cookies.

You see, I bake a lot of cookies at Christmas and send them out to friends and family and business associates. The thing about my Christmas cookie tins that makes them different is the selection and what isn't there. Namely: those sugar cookies that are so cute but taste like chalk.

Not in there!

Instead, you get a carefully selected assortment of flavors: chocolate, coconut, lemon, ginger, peanut butter, pumpkin...and that's just a few of them.

Anyway, one of last year's first-time recipients wanted to make abso-doubly certain that he was on the list again, so he arranged for me to get as much butter as any home baker could reasonably need. I picked it up on Friday and took it home. Then, Prince Charming and I spent an hour chopping the big block into smaller 1-pound packages. It was a ton of work (or 55-pounds, I suppose) and a tremendous mess. Now, for perhaps the first time ever, our chest freezer is completely full...of butter.

It must be time to start baking!

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:53 AM


>1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Richmond said...

Holy cow! Or multiple cows!! That's a lot of butter!!!

Happy baking! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s