Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Crap, Crap, Wait for it, Happy Thanksgiving!
It hasn't been an eternity since I posted, it just seems like it.

Okay, here's the scoop:

Last Tuesday, my boss died suddenly. He had been struggling with Lung Cancer for about a year, but died of complications related to his treatment. Understandly, last week was a bit difficult. And, I should put everybody on notice that the ramifications of this are just beginning to shake out. I don't know how much time I'm going to have for the blog in the near future.

Later in the day last Tuesday, after finding out about my boss's passing, I had a not-so-nice email from a recipient of my volunteer efforts accusing me of, if you can imagine, "exerting undue influence" in my role as advisor. Let's just say that I was at DefCon 2 on the Pissed Off scale, and became highly emotional over the deal. I have since relaxed to DefCon 3, but the entire volunteer project is sort of on hold until either I get an apology, or I change my mind about whether I want to exert my time and effort away from my husband and child for a group of people who are going to treat me this way, or - you know - hell freezes over or something. I haven't decided, exactly, though I have put them on notice that their behavior is HIGHLY unacceptable. I'm taking some time off from that.

Next item: fiction. El Capitan has been getting slammed much as I have been and hasn't had a chance to revisit our fiction project. Until he does, there's not much that I can do, so you'll just have to wait for the next exciting episode. I'm sure he'll get it done eventually, but we are not trying to stress out about this - there's plenty of stress to go around as it is.

We leave on our Thanksgiving trip this afternoon, so I'll likely not be posting much (if at all) until we return. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday but that you don't eat so much that you don't feel well. Because, who enjoys that?
posted by Phoenix | 8:38 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s