Friday, September 12, 2008
Meme Time
Got this one from CalTech Girl.

1. My uncle once: laughed when I got him with my SuperSoaker.

2. Never in my life: have I bungee jumped.

3. When I was five: I had three boyfriends - J.D., J.T., and Kit. And they all loved me.

4. High school was: a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

5. I will never forget: the color of the sky on 9/11/01. To this day, I call that color "September Eleven Blue."

6. Once I met: yeah, I got nuthin.

7. There's this girl I know: who pretends to be an "actuary", but I'm convinced she's really a spy.

8. Once, at a bar: my grandmother got this guy to buy me a bunch of drinks. Weird story.

9. By noon, I'm usually: exhausted.

10. Last night: I fell asleep watching The Mighty B

11. If only I had: an unlimited supply of money, I would make my family's dreams come true.

12. Next time I go to church: yeah...don't hold your breath on that one.

13. What worries me most: that I'm not a good mother.

14. When I turn my head left I see: my boss

15. When I turn my head right I see: more shit to do.

16. You know I'm lying when: you'll never know. I rarely lie, so people don't notice when I slip one past them.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: leg warmers.

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I'd be: aw, come on! Pass.

19. By this time next year: I'd like to be pregnant.

20. A better name for me would be: Opinionated Bitch on Wheels

21. I have a hard time understanding: how people can be pro-choice and still want a universal healthcare system where YOU have no choice, it is all up to some petty tyrant of a bureaucrat.

22. If I ever go back to school: I will get an MBA. Or, go to culinary school. It's a toss up.

23. You know I like you if: I invite you to my home.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: My husband, for putting up with me, then my parents for making sure I could think for myself.

25. Take my advice: don't repeat the talking points - REASON IT OUT ON YOUR OWN.

26. My ideal breakfast is: cheese danish

27. A song I love but do not have is: Troubadour by George Strait.

28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: get gas before leaving the highway, don't travel without water, and don't speed.

29. Why won't people: quit labeling me? I'm not a Republican. I'm not. I'm a Conservative. If anybody is going to label me, can it please be ME?

30. If you spend a night at my house: be prepared to eat breakfast. We feed our guests. A lot.

31. I'd stop my wedding so: I could tell people to stop whispering in the back.

32. The world could do without: hypocritical greenies

33. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: vote for Obama

34. My favourite blonde(s) : would have to be Theresa

35. Paper clips are more useful than: staples. They are just a better investment since they are reusable.

36. If I do anything well it's: organize shit, manage stuff, and crunch data

37. I can't help but: be a knowitall, it was how I was raised.

38. I usually cry: when I'm supremely frustrated. And when I'm feeling unloved.

39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: Never be afraid to say "I don't know" or admit to making a mistake. There are always things we don't know, the challenge is in finding the answers. And, you don't show weakness by admitting to making a mistake, you show intelligence by finding a way to correct the problem.

40. And by the way: despite all rumors to the contrary, I am not the real life embodiment of Cruella de Ville (but I do think she has a snappy theme song).

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:00 AM


>1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as to 40 -- bwa ha ha, you rock my socks off, coz!

oh, and --
13. you aren't a good mother. you're a GREAT mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s