Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Update on the Home Front
Winter has officially worn out its welcome.

The weather here is exactly what I imagine when people say "when hell freezes over." It is bitterly cold, with temps between -1 and -40 with windchill, depending on the day. It is the kind of cold where you take shallow breaths to spare your lungs the shock of ice crystals forming in the little sacks. And, as if the bitter cold were not enough, the icing on the cake is the snow everyday that is complicated by blowing and drifting. It just isn't funny anymore.

Besides the constant pain in the ass that is the Wisconsin winter, things are looking up.

We are making huge advances on the potty-training front. Bunny Boop occassionally has an accident now and then, but her successes far outnumber her failures. Her temperment has also improved. She's talking up a storm and soaking up far too much information for my comfort.

I have a new treadmill that is keeping me active since only crazy people go outside in this weather, and...I've become addicted to 24. I had heard it was good, but I bought the first season on iTunes the other day. I can't believe I haven't been watching this all along!

Oh well...
posted by Phoenix | 9:59 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s