Friday, October 21, 2005
In my dreams...
I just thought I'd let you all in on one of my prophetic (or maybe not) dreams.

That way you won't be shocked when it comes true, and in the meantime can laugh at me.

Last night, I dreamt that my buddy George came to my house and confided in me that the Harriet Miers thing was turning into a fiasco and he needed my help. She was going to step down as a nominee and George wanted to put me in. I swear to you. The President of the United States asked me to join the Supreme Court last night.

In my dream.

He gave me the hard sell. Told me that although I'd have to relocate to D.C., that I could continue blogging under a new alias. He suggested "Courtney of the Court," which I thought was clever. Then he said that the architecture in town was great. He told me of the benefits of having a young mother on the court, about how intriguing it would be to have a woman who was raising a member of the next generation be part of getting us there. I was flattered. Who wouldn't be? I mentioned that I was not a lawyer, that the sum total of my law education was an Ag Law class I'd taken in college. He said that he had talked to my professor from that class and she felt that I was the most sensible student, most legal-minded, that she'd every had the pleasure to teach. She always thought that I was headed to law school. You know, because I understood water rights, dog bites, and fence-in vs. fence-out. Whatever. George said that it was my broad spectrum of experience that he was interested in. I'm a farm girl educated in the city. I'm a smart girl who went to a state land grant university. He said that I was the Mid-West. He said that there were no constitutional requirements to the post, so my legal experience was not particularly important. He said it was more important that I was sincere, honest, identifiable, personable, sympathetic, and young. And I was flattered again. He convinced me.

So, don't be surprised if George dumps Harriet and names a short 30-something brunette pregnant lady in Wisconsin as his nominee to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

Although, it is also possible that this wasn't a prophetic dream.
posted by Phoenix | 10:19 AM


>1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger amelie said...

your dream had some very valid points ;) i'm hoping for the prophetic side of things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s