Thursday, January 26, 2006
Returns
My maternity leave is coming to an end and I will be returning to the rat race on Monday.

I am looking forward to it and dreading it as well. I am looking forward to getting out of the house and feeling like a productive member of society again. I am eager to catch up on current events and the blogosphere and my work email box (which likely has thousands of unread messages).

I am dreading leaving Bunny Boop each day. I am afraid that I will miss her smiles and her firsts and that she will resent me for my absence. I am afraid that she will forget the sound of my voice and the comfort of mommy and Bunny Boop cuddle time. I will wear the guilt like an albatross, like all the working women who have come before and all those who will come behind.

So, while I am eager to get my nose back to the grindstone and have hours where I don't change a diaper, I also dread the anxiety of not being able to look at her face and make sure she is okay.

What a taco. Taco Hell.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 3:06 PM


>3 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger amelie said...

she won't forget. : ) and, if you do actually miss a "first," i'm sure she'll be gracious enough to give you a repeat performance!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman said...

Good Luck!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one thing I am fairly certain of is that she cannot miss what she doesn't know. Of my friends who work outside the home, their kids are all well-adjusted and happy. They never knew their moms as stay-at-home moms, so they couldn't miss it.

I'm sure you'll do a great job balancing both. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s