Friday, August 11, 2006
I'm Running Out of Tolerance and Understanding
The world is a f***ing mess and I'm running out of Tolerance and Understanding.

The recent discovery of a massive plot to bring down US-bound airliners over the Atlantic, the two Hizbollah helpers recently captured with a bonanza of cash and disposable cell phones, and the disappearance of 11 Egyptian "students" has me wondering if we shouldn't change tactics a bit.

And I'm not alone in that feeling either.

I am sick of playing defense. I am sick of wondering when one of their plots will slip past us. I am sick of feeling threatened, worrying about my child's future, and being pissed off at the stupidity of political correctness as it pertains to these matters.

I am sick of the apologists who explain it all away with discussion about education, poverty, and disenfranchisement. From now on, we should call a spade a spade.

Do you know who the enemy is? Do you know what they look like? Because I do. The profile couldn't be clearer if it were on Sesame Street. We are talking about young men between the ages of 16 and 30, followers of an extreme sort of Islam. They are not uneducated. Many, in fact, have college degrees or have advanced educations. They are not little bedouin boys who've never seen an airplane. They are not backwards, illiterate, or even stupid. They are highly skilled and trained in killing. They are the embodiment of exported violence. If you can't identify this, there is no help for you.

In the same way that you wouldn't apologize for the shark that bites off your leg, you shouldn't apologize for people intent on killing innocent civilians, including babies and small children, in some lunatic desire to make the world suffer under the yoke of oppression. And that is what we are talking about. Osama bin Laden, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and their ilk want a global caliphate. In their own words,
One of them, surely, is Anjem Choudary, who made related news this week. Choudary is a former leader of Al Mujahiroun -- a defunct, jihad-inciting group, whose venomous pronouncements on Islamic supremacy have earned him a strange prominence in the British media. He refuses to condemn the 7/7 attacks, says Muslims shouldn't help police combat jihad terror, and advocates sharia (Islamic law) for Britain. During a BBC "Newsnight" appearance this year, the host asked Choudary why he didn't simply move to a sharia state like Iran.

"Who says you own Britain, anyway?" Choudary replied. "Britain belongs to Allah. The whole world belongs to Allah. ... If I go to the jungle, I'm not going to live like the animals, I'm going to propagate a superior way of life. Islam is a superior way of life."

How magnanimous of him! I suppose there must be something wrong with me because his superior way of life doesn't look all that appealing to me. A burka, no rights as a woman, the knowledge that becoming a victim of rape is a reason to shame my family and therefore bring further punishment upon me, the fact that my husband could beat me...the possibility of my child being used as a human shield. No. No fucking thank you.

September 11th changed me. I have always been what you'd call a Security Mom, even before I was a mother in fact, but I used to largely live and let live. I don't care what you think or what you say or what you believe. You are free to do as you wish as long as you don't hurt anyone. But, I expect that same respect in return. Islamic Extremism doesn't allow for that.

I have changed in the face of this. I am no longer an advocate of the same policy. We have to be more proactive. These aren't bugs that we can take out with a bug bomb, they are psychopaths hell-bent on mass murder. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em, I say, I'm tired of playing a proportional war. They want mass murder? Let's accomodate them and send them all to Allah in a big basket. We are not going to win this war by fighting proportionally. You don't win against people like this if you fight a war of attrition. We need to change it up. We need to get a hell of a lot more aggressive. We need to loose the dragon and let the tiger out of its cage.

I have found this same sentiment growing in the people I know and talk to. I have heard the words "nuke the whole god damned region until it is a parking lot, when it stops glowing, we'll go back in and see if they need another dose."

I don't think nuclear weapons are the answer...yet. But I think the politicians need to reevaluate their priorities and remember a few things. First, dead people don't vote (except for Democrats), and they make piss-poor supporters. Second, if the terrorists win, there won't be any more elections. It follows then that even if they can't get behind the right reasons for this war on terror (preserving our way of life and the lives of innocents and our freedoms), they ought to be able to be persuaded to do what is in their own best interests (which is the only thing that really matters to most politicians). Politicians, in fact, should leave the fighting of this war to the men at the tip of the sword. And I would suggest a mighty and deep thrust with that sword, one that will absolutely give the enemy pause. And I do mean pause. I'm talking about the sort of operation that is so astounding that even we don't want to do it - because that is what it is going to take.

We've become too soft, too sensitive to every soldier's death and not outraged enough at the deaths of innocents. That is fucked up! We apologize for the terrorists when they kill innocent women and children, but blame the soldiers when one of their own dies in the defense of our nation. It is ridiculous, it is abhorrent, and it is a million ways wrong. We can't be soft. Every death should inflame us. It should push us to drive the sword further into their belly and twist it for good measure.

We are a nation of individuals, free and proud, but some have forgotten that we have reason to be so. There is evil and it must be obliterated. You may not like the way it tastes, but you are going to like it a whole lot less when your infidel tongue is cut out. Don't give up, get mad.

Don't give up, get really mad. Show them a taste of what they've sowed with their killings of innocents.

I honestly do not believe that all Muslims are evil. I don't. But, I don't think they are helping either. I do not hear enough about them rooting out the extremists in their midst. And let's face it, that is where they are hiding. They aren't chatting up the folks at the Baptist Revival in Macon, if you know what I mean. So, while I don't paint them all with the same brush, I would absolutely call them out on what I see as aiding and abetting. If I can take it upon myself to note suspicious behavior to the authorities, whether it be a weird guy hanging out on the playground or six 20-something Middle Eastern men behaving strangely in an airport, so can they. I don't want to hear protestations of innocence or "profiling", I want results. And if you are with the freedom lovers you are against the terrorists. You can't have it both ways.

If you aren't with us, you are against us. It is really that simple.

I am so pissed off, I can't even express it.

The Maximum Leader has more.
posted by Phoenix | 9:07 AM


>2 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it, girlfriend. (Plus I'd just like to add that the day someone fitting my profile brings down an airliner is the day I'm willing to submit to increased security. Until then it's absolutely assinine that middle-aged blonde caucasian women wearing cool shoes cannot take lipstick on a plane.)

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bobgirrl, you made me laugh! But your point is well made. I'm tired of walking the sensitivity line as well. What more needs to happen to cause enough outrage to invoke action??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s