Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Wanted: A Bailout from the Bailout
I am sick to death of footing the bill for irresponsible Americans and irresponsible business practices.

I pay my bills - all of them.
I pay my mortgage, every month, on time.
I was smart enough to lock in a 30-year mortgage at a historically low rate, thanks largely to my excellent credit score.
I pay my taxes every year, filing early, usually in February.

I do not renege on my responsibilities. I am not a leach on the welfare rolls. I am a working mother and wife.

So please, somebody tell me why instead of feeling proud of my accomplishments, of living within my means and providing for my family in a responsible family, I feel like a chump.

Why am I the one footing the bill?

DAMN IT! I did not encourage dumb people to sign mortgages they couldn't afford. I didn't encourage banks to offer these silly poor-credit-risk mortgages. I didn't encourage the investment firms to buy the worthless paper they were written on. I certainly have long taken issue with the death-grip on which the UAW have on American Automobile Manufacturing and have little interest in helping them squeeze the American consumer further. I don't want anymore bailouts! NO MORE!

DO YOU HEAR ME, NANCY PELOSI? DO YOU HEAR ME HARRY REID? DO YOU HEAR ME MR. OBAMA? I'm done.

THERE IS NO LONGER ANY INCENTIVE TO ME TO BE A RESPONSIBLE, TAXPAYER AND HOMEOWNER. Why should I be the last chump in line at the trough, huh?

Why must I pay for the stupidity of others?

If you stub your toe in your bedroom, why must I buy you a popsicle, huh? Do we no longer bear any personal responsibility?

Is the government going to wipe people's asses too? Am I going to be required to buy the TP?

This free market girl is sick of all the handouts. You really want to help people? Let them fail, just once, and see how it feels.
posted by Phoenix | 12:59 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s