Thursday, October 13, 2005
Do Men Always Have Good Sex?
Racy, I know, but that is this week's topic for the Demystifying Divas and the Men's Club.

(aside: do you know, whenever I think of the "Men's Club" I imagine silk smoking jackets and brandy and cigars, gentlemen lounging lazily in leather chairs, and ribald comments and wagers. But tell me, how do you get a fish into a smoking jacket?)

Back to the business at hand.

Naturally, my comments on this particular topic are going to be colored by my own experiences. However, I will say this: I suspect so. Why? There are a number of reasons.

First of all, I've never heard a man complain about the sex he is getting. I mean, I've heard plenty complain about not getting any, but nary a peep about the quality of his moments in the sack. And, before you say, "but you're a girl, they aren't going to tell you..." I must say that I have always had more male friends than female. These relationships were very open. I was one of the guys. So, had there been complaints to be heard, I would have heard them.

I suspect that men are more driven by quantity than by quality. The simple fact is, it is biological. In order for the species to continue, the male must get his rocks off. That is why the male of the species always gets the special moment - it perpetuates the species. I believe that always getting to the special moment has hard-wired men for nothing but the special moment. The drive is nice, but he's looking forward to getting there, not looking for road-side stops along the way. Once there, he wants to go again. It isn't about the trip, it is all about arriving at the destination. Hence, the car is unimportant, the gas is unimportant, the route is unimportant, etc. When you boil it down to this level of simplicity, it amounts to little more than Yes, Men Always Have Good Sex.

The fact of the matter is, to men, all sex and any sex is good. The more the better, pass the mashed potatoes.

I don't think men are like women, seeking something heartfelt and beautiful on the journey. Just like they do with everything else, a man is less concerned with the details, so long as he gets his rocks off.

On the offbeat chance that a man did have some bad sex, I don't think he'd admit it anyway. I think he'd be afraid to never hear the end of it from his buddies.

"Dude, man, what are you talkin' about? You hit it, right? Are you turnin' into a girl, or sumpin'?"

So there you go. My opinion on the subject. However, in this particular case, I suspect that the Men's Club will have the real scoop for you. No doubt Phin, the gents of Naked Villainy, The Wizard, and Stigmata will all weigh in. For more views from the ladies, check out Silk and Kathy. Chrissy is posting on last week's topic at Fistful of Fortnights.

Update: Apparently Jamesyboy and That 1 Guy are also posting on this topic for the men.
posted by Phoenix | 7:50 AM


>2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Contagion said...

I know plenty of guys that have admited to having bad sex, including myself. Sure, there was a release... but I wouldn't even have considered it "mediocre" sex.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Well, there you go. I'm wrong. That's what happens when they let me, a woman, respond to these questions that should, by rights, be answered by men.

Mea culpa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s