Wednesday, December 06, 2006
A Christmas Meme
We haven't done a meme in a long long time. I thought this one might improve the mood around here. Picked it up from CalTechGirl (thank you, dear). Feel free to steal it and run away with it.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hmm. I prefer wassail, but will take high quality Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate on occasion. A Swiss Miss girl I am not.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well, that depends on the gift. If it is Barbie's very own RV, that is not wrapped. If it is 1 karat total weight diamond stud earrings, those are wrapped. Sleds are not wrapped, dollies are. See what I mean?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Ok. Call me a commie if you like, but I only like white lights. Our tree has three strands of white lights on it in fact. We actually don't put Christmas lights outside. There are three reasons for this: a) I don't want my husband getting injured in the name of holiday decorations, b) it is a ridiculous waste of power and money that is better spent keeping people warm and as presents under the tree, and c) our child is too young to appreciate it.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I do have a kissing ball, but that is hanging every day of the year.

5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as possible after Thanksgiving. However, this is largely dependent on our travel schedule. This year stuff didn't go up until last weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I have 3 favorites: Grandma Vella's turkey leftovers, Mom's Sweet Potatoes, and the Cornbread Corn Casserole.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: The year I got $100, a calculator, and a shopping basket and got to have my own shopping spree. I think I was 6-years-old. You wouldn't believe how far that money went. I bought a toilet that flushed for my Barbie. Crazy! Of course, the years I have gotten jewelry all rank pretty high too. And the year Barbie got her RV, of course.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What "truth" do you speak of? Santa is alive and well and I know it. There is no mass conspiracy, only bitter people who end up on the "Naughty" side of the list and are running a counter campaign. Santa may enjoy the company of little people, spend too much time playing with animals and toys, and enjoy having children in his lap, but he is still very much a benevolent

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open all family gifts on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning is reserved for Santa's gifts.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights. Pink silk roses, white silk flowers, pink and gold ribbon, pearls, silver ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? If I get to stay inside, I love it. Otherwise, winter in Wisconsin sucks.

12. Can you ice skate? Not even in my wildest dreams. But I love the movie The Cutting Edge.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh! Too hard! Nah, I take that back. My favorite gift was Bunny Boop.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my husband and child, making memories and starting our own traditions.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? This is impossible, so I'll simply say my Chocolate Cream Pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening gifts on Christmas Eve, then racing down the stairs to see what Santa brought on Christmas morning. But, I am looking to start a whole bunch of new traditions now that we have Bunny.

17. What tops your tree? White Satin Bow.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? It is all about the giving. I love coming up with the perfect gift for each person.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? A tie: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree and Two-Step 'Round the Christmas Tree.

20. Candy canes: ICK.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas in Connecticut, It's a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

22. What do you leave for Santa? A wicked suggestion to meet me in bed. Oh! You mean on the plate. We've never done this before, but this year I was thinking about leaving him a ribeye steak, some potatos, and a Korbel and Coke. (It is a long night and Santa needs to keep his strength up!)

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:30 AM


>1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

was this is orange and celery Barbie RV? I loved that thing. It was a hand-me-down from my older cousins. I still have it somewhere....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s