Tuesday, January 20, 2009
And, here we go...
There is a new President of the United States.

I don't know how you could have missed the news. The media has been in full-on circle jerk for two weeks. But, if you missed it, The Messiah is come. Kiss your ass goodbye.

But seriously, it is going to be a long four years.

The left saw fit to begin denigrating George W. Bush before he took office. I have seen fit to withhold my criticism until he actually took office, but now the gloves are off. I intend to pick pick pick and point out every flaw that comes along. Every error in judgement. Every broken promise. Every illegal act. You got it. I'm gonna be a regular pain in the ass.

And why shouldn't I? It is going to be my taxes that, in part, expand the nanny state to Obama's measure. Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Oh my! We are well and truly screwed.

I had the great good fortune to be in Chicago over the weekend (home of the Messiah himself) and heard former Speaker of the House Denny Hastert speak. It was very cool. He gave a good speech that was...pretty depressing to be honest. He listed a whole bunch of items on the Obama agenda, along with price tags, and by the end of it, I wanted to cry.

For those of you who may still be harboring some "hope" that "change" is coming, well..., get used to having nothing but "change" in your wallet. What was most remarkable to me was the overwhelming beneficiaries of the taxpayer's largesse. Let me assure you, it wasn't me and it likely wasn't you either. Well, as a nation, we are going to get just what we asked for. And learn that lesson again.

Are you feeling the glow yet? Was the Sermon on the Mount all that you had hoped?
posted by Phoenix | 12:11 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s