Wednesday, January 21, 2009
So much for the "post-racial candidate"
Are you feeling all hope-y and change-y and shit?

'Cause I totally am. Why, my education has already leapt tremendously.

For example, until yesterday when Rev. Lowery spoke, I had no idea that the color of my skin made me wrong.

Lest you missed it, here is what the good reverend said:
"....help us work for that day when black will not be asked to give back,
when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can
get ahead, man, and when white will embrace what is right."

According to the good reverend, I am "wrong" merely by virtue, or perhaps the vice, of my skin color. Is it just me, or does this fall far short of Dr. King's Dream?

I mean, maybe I'm misconstruing here, but somehow I doubt he's making a call for all white people to become Republicans. Therefore, I am left to surmise that he is claiming moral superiority and finding white people lacking because of their skin color. Gee, that's almost...klan-ish of him.

Back in the day, there were some mindless fools who claimed African Americans were lesser beings, dumber, etc. because of their skin color. I have certainly never felt that way, but it appears that Lowery has turned that premise on end and concluded that white people need to make amends for being "wrong" and "get right".

We've come a long way, baby...exactly 2 centimeters by my estimation.

You know, I suspect that Lowery is just another Rev. Jeremiah Wright, "God damn"-ing "Amerikkka" at every turn and blaming "whitey" for all the supposed ills faced by the black man. Well you know what?

I have no trouble seeing past skin color. I am enlightened. I don't care about sexual preference, race, religion, etc. But I can't help but notice that the only people bringing up race are the Obamabots and Obama's legion of vile-spewing men of the cloth.

I am not going to attempt to "embrace what is right." Instead, I'm going to suggest that the racist get over himself.

You know, if Obama really wanted to bring the nation together, he totally whiffed.
posted by Phoenix | 8:32 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s